Monday Feb 17‎ > ‎

As of noon on Thursday (13th)

posted Feb 13, 2014, 9:08 AM by Jay Campbell   [ updated Feb 13, 2014, 10:10 AM ]
Snow is of the wet kind and cover  is about 7".  Local roads are clear due to plowing and melting but we have not yet ventured to the field itself.  Whatever doesn't melt during the day will refreeze tonight.  It will reach a high of 39 today and 49 tomorrow.  Ground weather will improve each day through Wednesday of next week.  In short, we will be flying soon.  So the question is: will there be wave?

I've had a number of e mails from those not yet here asking essentially: "is it worth coming?"  And I'm afraid the only answer I can give is based on all of the past years at the camp: if you are not here the day before our weather cooperates, you will not be able to take advantage of a good day when it does occur. 

Winds aloft forecasts show the potential for wave for the balance of the camp days.  No guarantee, just don't want you to be discouraged, either.

Conclusion: if the roads you will be travelling are clear and safe, come on down!


Comments